D-Link is a Taiwanese based company which works on networking equipment. D-link is one of the most used routers all over the world. D-Link router is a product of D-Link cooperation. D-Link Cooperation is a Taiwanese multinational company founded in March 1986. It has been rated as one of the top leading small and medium business networking companies in the world.
D-link is the market leader in WiFi Product usage worldwide. D-link routers are considered one of the best routers in the world. D-Links variety of products with unique features makes it better than any other brand. D-links routers are affordable as well as filled with many awesome features.
D-Links has an edge against brands like TP-Link and Tenda because of its features. D-links are one of the most trusted and reliable broadband available in the market. D-Link is available in more than 67 countries with 90 global offices. The company has more than 2700 employees helping D-link to serve their product over 100 countries worldwide.
Many people buy D-link routers but they can’t understand the setup process of D-link. They have to call an expert to help them and pay him for a simple Set up process. Setting up the dlinkrouter.local is quite easy. You will be able to set up any router after that.
|Category||Setup & Login|
|Default Username & Password||U=admin, P=admin|
Today, we are going to learn how to set up a Dlink router using dlinkrouter.local.
How to Setup D-Link router using dlinkrouter.local
Setting up Dlink Router is easy. Just follow the tutorial below to set up your dlinkrouter.local.
- Open a web browser on your PC. We will recommend using Google Chrome for this process.
- Go to the address bar and type “192.168.0.1” or “http://dlinkrouter.local./ and hit enter. You can use any of the given link(whatever works for you).
- The Login Web page of the Dlink will be open. Type “admin” in the username section and leave the password section empty.
- Now click on the “Login” button. You will be logged into dlinkrouter.local.
- Now, Go to Setup>Internet Tab. You may be logged into that web page only. Now, scroll to the bottom of the web page. You will see the “Manual Internet Connection Option” tab on the bottom of the web page.
- Under the tab, locate the “Manual Internet Connection Setup” button and click on it.
- Now, on the new Web page, you will see the “Internet Connection Type” tab in the middle of the web page. Under the “My Internet Connection Is” option you will see a list on the right side of it. Static IP may be set by default. Click on that. Change it to “Dynamic IP(DHCP)”.
- Now click on the “Save settings” option located at the bottom of the Web page.
- Now click on the “Wireless Settings” tab located on the left sidebar of the page.
- You will see the “Manual Wireless Network Setup” tab on the bottom of the web page. Under the tab, you will find the “Manual Wireless Connection Type” button. Click on that.
- You will see “Wireless Network Settings” tab on the web page. Under the “Wireless Band: 2.4GHz Band”, you will see “Wireless Network Name” option and an editable section in right side of it. Type your desirable Wifi name their.
- Now, Locate the “Wireless Security Mode” tab in the middle of the web page. Under Security Mode, You can decide whether you want to keep your Wifi open or you want to protect it with a password. We will recommend you to protect it with a password.
- Click on the Security Mode option and select “Enable WPA/WPA2 Wireless Security (enhanced)”. Now a new section will be created by name “WPA/WPA2”. Go to Clicher Type and select “AES”.
- Go to “PSK / EAP” and select “PSK” option.
- “Network Key” option is the password of your router. Make a strong password for your router.
- Now, Scroll down a bit and find “Wireless Band: 5GHz Band”. Tick the box of “Enable Wireless”.
- Type a Wifi Name under “Wireless Network Name” section.
- Now, go to the bottom of the web page and locate “Wireless Security Mode” select “ Enable WPA/WPA2 Wireless Security (enhanced)” option in the Security Mode. A new “WPA / WPA2” section will be opened below.
- Go to Clicher type and Select “AES”.
- Go to PSK / EAP and select “PSK”.
- Now, in the “Network Key” tab create a password for your router.
- Click on “Save Settings”.
You are Done. Your dlinkrouter.local setup has been successfully completed. You can bookmark our website for more tutorial related to D-Link. We update our website regularly with a new tutorial. You can find the tutorial of many routers and other items on our website. Bookmark us if you don’t want to miss all the helpful tutorials.